Sign up for a monthly round up of tips and advice straight to your inbox!
Missed out? Catch up on previous editions of the Positive Parenting Newsletter here:
- How to boost children’s resilience (August 2019): lots of fun resilience-building activities and how to be a resilient parent
- Summer holidays survival kit (July 2019): positive parenting strategies to stop tears, tantrums and bickering from ruining your holiday (whatever the age of your children!)
- Helping children manage friendship issues (June 2019): teaching children to share, managing difficult friendships and stress-free play dates
- How to help children feel good about themselves (May 2019): building children’s self-esteem plus managing exams, social media and body image anxiety
- The secrets of calm parenting (April 2019): tips for managing big emotions (yours and your child’s)
- Juggling work and parenting (March 2019): how to stop doing too much and where to find extra time and energy to get you through the day
- How to create happier family dynamics (February 2019): step-parenting tips, storybooks to stop kids squabbling, and how to manage difficult grandparents
- How to reduce the stress of parenting (January 2019): how stress impacts parenting and what to do about it, self-care tips and positive psychology for happier parenting
- Are you doing too much for your kids? (November 2018): helping kids learn life lessons and independence by doing a little less
- Managing children’s misbehaviour (October 2018): tips on using logical consequences, behaviour contracts and attention strategies to manage misbehaviour
- Parenting tips to fuel your child’s learning (September 2018): parenting strategies and nutrition tips to boost children’s learning and help them make the most of school
- Making the most of family time (June 2018): building a good relationship with your children, fun family time with grumpy teenagers and surviving long journeys with little ones
- Creating a mentally healthy family life (May 2018): positive parenting strategies for children’s and parents’ mental health and support for children who are struggling
- Positive Discipline Strategies (April 2018): how to get children to do what they’re asked, when they’re asked and why consistency in parenting really matters
- Building a strong family team (March 2018): how techniques from workplace team building can help create a positive family dynamic
- How to supercharge your child’s development through play (February 2018): the importance of free play and letting kids be bored, managing play dates and tempting teens off tech.
- Helping children cope with change (January 2018): supporting children through change and changing your parenting habits.
- How not to shout at your kids (December 2017): how to stay calm, lower the volume and use positive discipline strategies without ruining the Christmas spirit
- Resilient parenting: when the going gets tough (November 2017): listening empathetically, talking to children about tragic events and managing change
- Positive Parenting in the Digital Age (October 2017): managing screen time, keeping children safe and the impacts of technology on wellbeing and development
- Children’s Brains (July 2017): what every parent needs to know about children’s brains to decode their behaviour and support their learning
- Positive parenting do’s and don’ts (May 2017): a round up of essential positive parenting strategies
- What are little boys and girls made of? (March 2017): how does gender affect child development and what can parents do to counterbalance gender stereotypes?
- Keeping children safe (February 2017): teaching children the skills to keep themselves safe and ideas on how much freedom at what age?
- Positive co-parenting (February 2016): tips for working as a team with your co-parent, whether you are together or apart.
To receive the Positive Parenting Newsletter – subscribe here