Sign up for a monthly round up of tips and advice straight to your inbox!
Missed out? Catch up on previous editions of the Positive Parenting Newsletter here:
- The thinking parent’s guide to Christmas (December 2018): the best toys and books to buy to support children’s development and being a positive parent at Christmas
- Are you doing too much for your kids? (November 2018): helping kids learn life lessons and independence by doing a little less
- Managing children’s misbehaviour (October 2018): tips on using logical consequences, behaviour contracts and attention strategies to manage misbehaviour
- Parenting tips to fuel your child’s learning (September 2018): parenting strategies and nutrition tips to boost children’s learning and help them make the most of school
- Essential reading for thinking parents (August 2018): a round up of parenting books and books for talking to children about difficult topics
- Making the most of family time (June 2018): building a good relationship with your children, fun family time with grumpy teenagers and surviving long journeys with little ones
- Creating a mentally healthy family life (May 2018): positive parenting strategies for children’s and parents’ mental health and support for children who are struggling
- Positive Discipline Strategies (April 2018): how to get children to do what they’re asked, when they’re asked and why consistency in parenting really matters
- Building a strong family team (March 2018): how techniques from workplace team building can help create a positive family dynamic
- How to supercharge your child’s development through play (February 2018): the importance of free play and letting kids be bored, managing play dates and tempting teens off tech.
- Helping children cope with change (January 2018): supporting children through change and changing your parenting habits.
- How not to shout at your kids (December 2017): how to stay calm, lower the volume and use positive discipline strategies without ruining the Christmas spirit
- Resilient parenting: when the going gets tough (November 2017): listening empathetically, talking to children about tragic events and managing change
- Positive Parenting in the Digital Age (October 2017): managing screen time, keeping children safe and the impacts of technology on wellbeing and development
- Balancing work and family (September 2017): practical parenting solutions to improve work-life balance and make the most of time with your children.
- Children’s Brains (July 2017): what every parent needs to know about children’s brains to decode their behaviour and support their learning
- Positive parenting do’s and don’ts (May 2017): a round up of essential positive parenting strategies
- What are little boys and girls made of? (March 2017): how does gender affect child development and what can parents do to counterbalance gender stereotypes?
- Keeping children safe (February 2017): teaching children the skills to keep themselves safe and ideas on how much freedom at what age?
- Building children’s self-esteem (November 2016): tips for building children’s self-esteem and promoting positive self-talk
- Managing emotions (May 2016): helping children recognise and express their emotions appropriately and tips for tackling negative thinking
- Positive co-parenting (February 2016): tips for working as a team with your co-parent, whether you are together or apart.
To receive the Positive Parenting Newsletter – subscribe here