Sign up for a monthly round up of tips and advice straight to your inbox in a positive parenting newsletter! Missed out? Catch up on previous editions of the Positive Parenting Newsletter here:
- How not to shout at your kids (December 2017): how to stay calm, lower the volume and use positive discipline strategies without ruining the Christmas spirit
- Resilient parenting: when the going gets tough (November 2017): listening empathetically, talking to children about tragic events and managing change
- Positive Parenting in the Digital Age (October 2017): managing screen time, keeping children safe and the impacts of technology on wellbeing and development
- Balancing work and family (September 2017): practical parenting solutions to improve work-life balance and make the most of time with your children.
- Children’s Brains (July 2017): what every parent needs to know about children’s brains to decode their behaviour and support their learning
- Positive parenting for good mental health (June 2017): tips for reducing parental stress, nurturing emotional wellbeing and supporting children with mental health problems
- Positive parenting do’s and don’ts (May 2017): a round up of essential positive parenting strategies
- Positive parenting to help children do well at school (April 2017): balancing schoolwork with wellbeing, plus ensuring pre-schoolers are ‘school ready’ and teens are exam-ready
- What are little boys and girls made of? (March 2017): how does gender affect child development and what can parents do to counterbalance gender stereotypes?
- Keeping children safe (February 2017): teaching children the skills to keep themselves safe and ideas on how much freedom at what age?
- Building children’s self-esteem (November 2016): tips for building children’s self-esteem and promoting positive self-talk
- Promoting independence (September 2016): stress-free morning routines, untidy teenagers, leaving children home alone and coping with separation anxiety
- Building positive relationships (August 2016): inspiration and ideas to help you enjoy time with your children
- Managing emotions (May 2016): helping children recognise and express their emotions appropriately and tips for tackling negative thinking
- Positive co-parenting (February 2016): tips for working as a team with your co-parent, whether you are together or apart.
- Managing transitions (January 2016): the many stages of parenthood and childhood and tips on coping with (and achieving) change
- Good communication (December 2015): tips on talking to teenagers, staying calm, tackling tricky topics and talking it through when parents disagree about parenting
- The Sleep Issue (August 2015): encouraging good sleep habits for children, teenagers and parents!
To receive the Positive Parenting Newsletter – subscribe here